BOPSS and NFORC are delighted to host the maxillofacial, head & neck and oculoplastic collaborative research summit. Everyone is welcome regardless of previous research experience.
About the event
Date: Thursday 9th May 2019
Time: 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Location: Richard Desmond Paediatric Ophthalmology Hospital, Level 2
As the UK’s head and neck surgical trials unit, NFORC is dedicated to developing, running and coordinating high quality clinical research. In 2014, NFORC became the UK’s head and neck research centre against open competition, forming a new collaboration between the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS), Saving Faces – The Facial Surgery Research Foundation (SF-FSRF), Barts Clinical Trials Unit (BCTU), British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS), The Royal College of Surgeons (The RCS Eng) and NHS Digital.
This summit will focus on key areas of recent and future research interests including, but not limited to:
- Intralesional treatment of basal cell carcinoma
- Application of cold therapy in oculoplastic surgery
- The use of tranexamic acid in lacrimal and oculofacial surgery
- PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitors for orbital squamous cell cacinomas
- The development of a UK oculofacial melanoma database
- The efficacy of LA with GA – reduced extubation time, and IV anaesthesia
This is one of the first events of its kind to support prospective clinical research in our related fields, and we very much hope you can join us!
To confirm your attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the full agenda of the summit, click here.